Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sick of iPhone adticles (sic) in NYtimes

One, yes there are more than one today, article in NYTimes starts thus:

Talk about hype. In the last six months, Apple’s iPhone has been the subject of 11,000 print articles,


10,569 in the NYTimes

and it turns up about 69 million hits on Google.


68 million of these, lead you back to the NYTimes website

Cultists are camping out in front of Apple stores;


Most of these "cultists" are NYTimes employees, hence NYTimes is getting its reporting done by outsourcing the writing of its articles

bloggers call it the “Jesus phone.” All of this before a single consumer has even touched the thing.

Sigh!

I am really sick and tired of reading these fluffy-nothing-more-than-an-ad-posing-as-an-article articles in NYTimes. I read NYTimes to get my news, not the hype. I think NYTimes has the credibility so far that if it tells me once that the iPhone is hyped, I will believe it. It doesn't need to report it everyday and sometimes, like today, multiple times.

No comments: