Monday, November 20, 2006

Inspired

I was looking at various projects listed on this Indicorps website when I came across this list of fellows. To my surprise, these are all the kids raised in the US or other countries, going and living in rural/urban India to give back to the country. This way, they get a good international experience and get to learn a lot about India by living and traveling. Hats off to the kids who have done this or are doing this right now and hats off to their parents for providing their kids with good guidance and financial security.

Suddenly the stereotypical image of an Indian-American kid crumbles. I do not know a single 'desi' guy/girl who have done this. Perhaps because they are still in the process of setting up their own financial foundation and security. Perhaps...

2 comments:

SIP Admin said...

Whats stopping you from getting involved with Indicorps too??

Gaurav said...

Dharmesh, I am not in a position to do full year/two year internship due to financial reasons, but I will certainly help out from where I am.

Are you part of Indicorps?