Wednesday, October 11, 2006

San Jose Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon

Most of you know I ran the San Jose Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon last Sunday. I have been telling the same thing to lots of people so I will just create a post to share this with everyone. The first marathon I ran was San Francisco, US Half. SJ RnR was certainly easier as the course is almost flat with no big hills like SF US-half. There were lots of rock bands on the way. Water stations were arranged at good distance and they had gel shots at mile 9. Perfect!

My performance:


  • ChipTime: 2:27:25
  • ClockTime: 2:28:55
  • Overall: 5376
  • Pace: 11:15
  • Total_in_race: 8291
  • Total_in_division (30-34): 552
  • Total_in_sex (M): 3487
  • 5k: 35:16
  • 10k: 1:09:12
  • 10mi: 1:52:55
  • Age grade: 39%

After the finish line, they had wet towels, sprinklers to get yourself wet, finisher's medal, spanego sponsored sandals to get out of those sweaty shoes, bagels, muffins, energy bars and water bottles.

The course was such that the 6th and 13th mile were overlapping. So, when I was about to reach the 6 mile marker, I could see the Kenyans zipping past me to finish their race. The first ranker, Duncan Kibet ran the 13.2 miles distance in 1:00:22 at sub 5 min/mile pace. Simply amazing. First woman to finish was a Russian Silvia Skvortsova who completed the race in 1:09:17.

Overall experience was very positive. I will definitely recommend this run if you want to improve your timing.

No comments: